Tuesday 24 January 2012

Can I take off my fur in this heat?

Hi there friends,
it turns out to be a summer after all. The heat is ruling our life and the way the humans are dealing with it shows a great deal how they cherish the people around them. Well, to be telling the truth I give a whisker how my humans husband feels. But my human does and she suffers for it. Don't get me wrong, I cannot stand the heat but I like it warm and so does my human. She spends most of these days indoors to get away from the sun. Her skin is usually pale but since we arrived on these foreign shores her arms are covered in freckles and her face looks always flushed. She calls it "sunburn" which sounds pretty painful to me. When she leaves the house she covers up and I can imagine that it would be quite strange in this heat to put on more clothes rather than less. I sometimes wish I could take my coat off in this heat but then I am grateful that I have it because it gets awefully cold in my house. When noone is here but me I am quite comfortable, sometimes maybe a tad warm but I can stretch myself out and lay on the tiles to cool down. When my humans husband is here there is this cold air coming out of holes in the ceiling and I have to look for a place out of the draft.
Since the last weekend we have been living in an ice box and thanks to my human I can thaw outside for a while as she opens the backdoor for me. Unfortunately she suffers from pain in her head and blames the constant in and out of "airconditioned rooms" for it. See and that is the crux of it. Only out of love for her husband she keeps the cold air on as he prefers it and after long hours driving outside in that heat (did I mention he is driving giant metal boxes for earning my catfood?) he is insisting that he needs it to cool down. I love my human too and that is why I cuddle up with her under the blanket and keep her warm. It just annoys me that she suffers that terrible pain in the head. Neither sleep nor pills seem to help, so I blame it on the heat as well and hope that it will cool down soon.
Your feline furball Fluser

No comments:

Post a Comment