Friday 20 January 2012

Visit to the Vet

Hello cat lovers,
today kind of sucked, big time. Since my human stayed up too long again, waiting for "him" to come home and have a very late dinner, she had only a few hours of her beauty sleep and therefore I had a hard time to get her out of bed this morning to feed me my early breakfast. I raised her like a zombie about a quarter to 7 to take me outside, front preferable. Thank Bastet, the bedroom is to the front, so her sleepy mind decided it was easier and faster to go that way. I took my time to have a sniff to see who passed by (there is a black and white cat living two or three houses down the road) and then to have a little pee on the front weed. Trust me, my toilet was only for emergencies and she had promised me the last few days that she would clean it. Then I had my second breakfast, but I wasn't really hungry. My second tour outside was declined as she was (as usual running late) and then she left and I was by myself again - her husband wasn't worth noting. He usually hangs around the house not doing much. Anyway in the afternoon the house was getting a bit warm and I was waiting for my humans return, so I laid stretched out on the bedroom floor and listened for the sound of her metal box. Finally, she arrived, came in, gave me a pat on my head and went straight to that flip thing on the table, she calls it lap top. I thought, 'yeah, she has forgotten. If I make myself invisible and do not bother her we won't go.' I should have left the thinking to someone else! I was dozing off when she sneeked up on me with that terrible plastic box. She always pulls it out when I have to get into her metal box. And how do I hate that!!! It makes me sick, literally. I complain from the moment on the door shuts behind me. To no avail...
I had to go, she told me so. Don't get me wrong, I like the people there, at my local vet clinic. Dr. Ian is a really nice guy and Dr. Erina checks my vitals with soft hands so that I do not get scared to much. Liz, Kerry and Leah may prod me with needles sometimes "but only when I need it" says my human. They are called "nurses". The only one that is always nice to me is Jaci, she asks how I have been and how I do and smiles at me when I get carried in. She sits in the front room and has it easy, she does not have to go into the examination room. I don't have a choice in it. I am an old cat. I may not have had the adventures of a stray, but I flew!!! (this is another story I will tell you another time). Now my bones are old and crunchy and I noticed the last couple of weeks that I had severe issues in settling down. It hurts anyway I turn and that can't be good. To help me they give me a needle in my neck. This will get repeated now for the next four weeks and then I will feel young again. Till the next time... it sucks to go to the Vet.
your ailing feline Fluser

No comments:

Post a Comment