Thursday 19 January 2012

Don't I love my human...

Hello friends of the felines,
what do cats do all day when they are on themselves? Well, I do sleep a lot and groom myself (nothing is better than a fur in order and all clean) and then there are the regular visits to the feed bowl and the water bowl. I do inspect my territory but apart from mice and spiders and other creepy crawlies there is not much going on. So, mainly I sleep a lot. Today would have been not much different. I graziously allow my human's husband to use my house, he usually sleeps a lot or is sitting in front of the moving picture box and not really disturbing my daily routine. He will get himself ready to go somewhere in the afternoon (my human says he has to go and earn my cat food!!!) and usually I ignore him and continue dozing on the bed. But not today! I heard a noise that was so familiar to me but not at this time of the day. That metal smelly thing that my human uses when she leaves me in the morning makes some really distinctive noises and has its own smell as well and it was coming down the road, around the corner and up the drive way. My human? Home at that time of the day? Yeah, I was doing summersaults (at least inside of me!!), as you have to know that I am going to be 18 in May and do suffer from Arthritis which makes it sometimes hard to get up or lay down and after a long sleep I am all stiff and sore. I got up and used my stairs to get off the bed to greet my human at the door. She was already talking to her partner, so I joined the conversation and asked all kind of questions. Where were you? Why are you here? Now!? She sees her husband only once or twice daily, so she crammed a lot in the conversation with him and I couldn't really get her focused on me, but then he had to go and I finally had my human to myself. She did our afternoon routine -just a few hours earlier-, she let me out the back, I wanted to go out in the front, she put food in my bowl, I had a few bits and a quick drink and then we curled up on bed happy together and fell asleep. An afternoon nap with my human and I felt like being in heaven. And guess what!? Even now, hours later she is so content with me that without any comment or yelling she opens the back door for me as soon as I feel like checking out the backyard. Don't I love my human...
Your feline Fluser

No comments:

Post a Comment